Valens to Showcase the Future of In-Vehicle Connectivity at electronica 2018
October 25, 2018
‘– High bandwidth, robustness, and convergence of different interfaces over the same link to enable the autonomous car —
electronica, Munich, October 25, 2018 – Valens, the developer of HDBaseT technology for in-vehicle connectivity, will be showcasing its advanced HDBaseT Automotive technology at electronica 2018, on November 13-16, in Munich, Germany (Booth 347, Hall B4).
HDBaseT Automotive is the one technology that enables high-speed tunneling of audio, video, Ethernet, USB, PCIe, and more, with native networking capabilities over a single unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cable for up to 15m (50ft), while meeting the stringent EMC requirements of the automotive sector.
The following demos will be displayed at the show:
- Transmission of PCIe data over a 15-meter HDBaseT Automotive link: HDBaseT Automotive’s ability to extend PCIe signals simplifies complex in-vehicle architectures by optimizing resource sharing of ECUs, multi-Gigabit wireless modems, SSDs, and more.
- Car door connectivity over a single UTP cable: HDBaseT Automotive significantly reduces the number of wires routed to vehicle doors by converging several high and low-speed interfaces over a single wire, reducing weight and optimizing connectivity.
- Link diagnostics and data integrity monitoring: HDBaseT Automotive provides incomparable mitigation of errors to maintain data tunneling over impaired links, compensation for link imperfections, prediction on future link degradation, and link assessments.
- Convergence of multiple ADAS applications over one HDBaseT Automotive link: HDBaseT Automotive tunnels different ADAS applications (such as cameras, sensors, LiDARs, driver monitoring etc.) over a single link, for increased reliability and assurance. This is a joint demo with BrightWay Vision and Jungo. BrightWay Vision provides enhanced driving vision under all weather conditions, day and night, based on active gated imaging technology. Jungo brings in-cabin driver monitoring solution to enable OEMs to create safer and autonomous vehicles.
STMicroelectronics will also be showcasing HDBaseT Automotive technology it its booth (Hall C3, Booth 101).
“Valens’ HDBaseT Automotive chipset is making significant strides in revolutionizing the technological infrastructure required to enable the connected and autonomous car. We look forward to meeting with existing partners and forging new relationships at electronica in order to accelerate today’s in-vehicle connectivity technology for the vehicle of tomorrow.”
Micha Risling, Sr. Vice President of Marketing and Business Development & Head of the Automotive Business Unit
Please visit the Valens booth (Booth 347, Hall B4) at electronica 2018, to learn more about HDBaseT Automotive and experience the connectivity revolution.
Stop at the electronica Automotive Forum to learn more about HDBaseT Automotive:
- Handling the Automotive Noisy Environment: The Need for EMC Robustness, on November 13th, at 15:00.
- Enabling PCIe Connectivity in the Car, on November 16th, at 12:30.
Schedule an appointment today.
Valens Automotive, a division of Valens, was established in 2015 with the singular goal of delivering the world’s most advanced audio/visual chipset technology to the automotive world. Valens HDBaseT Automotive chip technology enables unparalleled in-vehicle connectivity, converging audio & video, Ethernet, USB, controls, PCIe, and power over a single cable. Valens’ patented HDBaseT technology is used by the world’s largest audio/video component manufacturers, enabling the highest quality of connectivity without the limitations of legacy infrastructure Valens is a private company headquartered in Israel. For more information, visit https://www.valens.com/automotive-applications, or follow @ValensAuto.