This Privacy Notice (the “Notice“) describes the personal information that Valens Semiconductor Inc. and Valens Semiconductor Ltd (together: “Valens“, “we”, “us”, “our”) collects and processes through our online ordering site https://partners.valens.com/ (the “Ordering Website”). It also describes the rights and options available to users of our Ordering Website with respect to their personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
Information you provide when you wish to place an order.
You will need to register to place an order on the Ordering Website. To register, you will be asked to provide your full name, telephone number, email address, account username, account password, company name, company website, shipping, and billing addresses. The mandatory fields for completion will be marked as such.
To complete your order, you will also be asked to provide your payment information through PayPal. Your payment information will be processed by PayPal, and we will not save any credit card or other financial information.
We refer to the overall information you provide as “Ordering Information”. We will use the Ordering Information for the following purposes:
- To create your account, verify your identity, and allow you easier access to your account and information about your past purchases.
- To handle, fulfill and deliver your order, and to bill you for the products you purchased.
- To send you administrative notifications and updates about your order, such as purchase- confirmation email, invoice, and shipping information.
Information you provide when you contact us with an inquiry.
You can send us an email inquiry to the email address indicated on our Ordering Website. When you do so, we typically will receive and process your email address, name, and all other content you include in your message (“Inquiry Information”).
We will use your Inquiry Information to contact you about your inquiry and handle and respond to your inquiry.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not share your information with third parties, except in the events listed below or when you provide us your explicit and informed consent. These are also the categories of third parties to whom Valens has disclosed personal information in the preceding 12 months.
We share your information with our service providers that help us operate the Ordering Website and our business.
We will share your personal information with our service providers who assist us with the internal operations of our business and the Ordering Website. These service providers include PayPal (payment processing), Avalara (tax computation tool) Woo-commerce (online sales platform), e-fulfillment (logistics service) and the applicable shipping service. We reserve the right to change some or all of our service providers from time to time.
We will share your Information with competent authorities, if you abuse your right to use the Ordering Website or violate any applicable law.
If you abused your rights to use the Ordering Website, or violated any applicable law, we may share your information with competent authorities and with third parties (such as legal counsels and advisors), for the purpose of handling of the violation or breach.
We will share your Information if we are legally required to do so.
We will share your information if we are required to disclose your information by a judicial, governmental, or regulatory authority.
We will share your Information with third parties in any event of change in Valens’ structure.
If the operation of the Ordering Website is organized within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity (such as due to a merger or acquisition), we will share your information only as required to enable the structural change in the operation of the Ordering Website.
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
We retain your information for as long as we need it to operate the Ordering Website and interact with customers and service providers, and thereafter as needed for record-keeping matters.
We will retain your information for the duration needed to support our ordinary business activities operating the Ordering Website. Thereafter, we will still retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for recordkeeping purposes, to resolve disputes, establish and defend legal claims and enforce our contracts.
We implement measures to secure your information
We implement some measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information, such as encryption of the data during its transmission to our servers. However, these measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, although efforts are made to secure your personal information, it is not guaranteed, and you cannot expect that the Ordering Website will be immune from information security risks.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS IN CALIFORNIA
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), below is a detailed description of the information we collect from visitors to our Ordering Website and the business or commercial purposes for which we use each category of personal information. This is also the information we have collected in the past 12 months.
We do not sell your information, nor have we done so in the past 12 months.
Your rights under the CCPA if you are a resident of California
Right to Know. You have the right to know:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to deletion. Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to do any of the following:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with an existing legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Protection against discrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. This means we cannot, among other things:
- Deny goods or services to you.
- Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including using discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising your CCPA rights
If you would like to exercise any of your CCPA rights as described in this Notice, please do so by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes before we comply with your request to access or delete your information. Depending on the nature of your request, we will verify your identity by asking you to provide us two or three data points that we maintain about you, and a signed declaration of identity verification.
The Ordering Website is not directed to users under 18.
The Ordering Website is not directed to users under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information of children under the age of 18 or knowingly allow children under the age of 18 to use the Ordering Website.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Changes to this Privacy Notice.
From time to time, we may change this Notice. The latest version of the Notice will always be accessible at https://partners.valens.com/legal/online-purchase-privacy-notice/. If the changes affect the personal information about you that we already process, we will also make efforts to proactively notify you of the changes to the Notice by email if we have your email address on record.
Last Update: October 19, 2022.