Work directly with the Analog/Mixed-Signal design team to validate silicon against expectations.
The engineer will validate low-level blocks and provide reports on functionality & performance. The Engineer will also be involved in developing the test plan.
- Develop, setup, and perform bench tests for functional verification and accurate performance characterization of IC blocks.
- Create documentation of the test setup and procedure to facilitate future testing and to document record.
- Generate comprehensive test reports comparing test measurements against expected results.
- Work closely with design engineers/system architects to understand what aspects of their design needs to be characterized (performance, power, functionality) and how it can be achieved (test modes, corners required etc.).
- BSEE or relevant industry experience as a system or test engineer.
- Must have strong lab and measurement skills: proficient with oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, logic analyzers.
- Comfortable debugging test setups.
- High-level understanding of basic IC blocks: ADC, DAC, PLL, amplifiers, power management.
- Must be able to communicate well in both written and verbal form.
- Well organized, methodical, and detail oriented.
- Experience with analog electronics design and analysis.
- Comfortable with soldering, bread-boarding. Prototyping.
- Familiarity with interface protocols.
- Familiarity with automation software such as LabView & Matlab.
- Strong Matlab knowledge – An advantage