Working at Valens
Valens is a fast-growing fabless chip company with breakthrough HD technology that is set to become the new digital connectivity standard for the home entertainment sector of the consumer electronics market.
Check. By joining our world-class team, you will take on challenging responsibilities and directly impact the bright future of home entertainment.
Check. Valens is a dynamic company with an informal atmosphere. You will work with other talented and dedicated people in a stimulating and supportive environment.
Check. At Valens, you will advance your career in a promising company at the heart of an expanding market. Plus, we are backed by leading venture capital firms.
Please see our current job opportunities below and submit your CV today. If you don’t see the perfect fit for you, please let us know what you are looking for. We are always interested in meeting the best and brightest in the industry.
Board Design Engineer
Responsible for developing new reference designs & applications (based on Valens chip set and various peripherals). Supporting Sales with providing technical product advice and resolution of applications related issues.
- BSc/MSc – in Electronic Engineering from leading university
- Hands-on experience designing and accompanying full product design process
- At least 5 years of experience with board design (analog and digital)
- Demonstrated experience in high-speed digital and analog PCB design, layout, production, bring up and debug
- Experience working with external designers and manufacturers of Mechanical enclosure - advantage
- Experience working with thermal analysis - advantage
- EMC – Experience with design and testing using external labs – advantage
- Experience working in FPGA design – advantage
- Experience in embedded firmware development - advantage
- Experience in board design for video applications (e.g. Camera, DVR or Video matrixes) – advantage
- Experience with 10G Ethernet board design – advantage
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent communication skills with fluent verbal and written English
- Self-motivated and high dedicated
- Good oral and written skills
- Work independently to contribute new ideas and convert ideas into innovative solutions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
Owning and managing Valens specific automotive related product lines
- Mastering the product’s ecosystem
- Understanding customers working environment, challenges and requirements
- Master competition, market trends
- Fully understand where strengths and weaknesses lie
- Defining and maintaining product requirements
- Set high level guidelines for a realizable, sellable, profitable product
- Define all of the product’s features
- Define and maintain the product’s software requirements
- Create all relevant product collaterals
- Driving customers to build successful products
- Define all documents, tools, support systems that will enable customers to design and maintain their products
- Ensure quick product launch
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is a must
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is an advantage
- MBA is an advantage
- Looking for Excellence
- 6+ years of embedded design experience (product/project management, ASIC/hardware/firmware development)
- Fields of expertise sought after: board design, ASIC/FPGA design, Video processing, Ethernet, embedded firmware (not all mandatory, but each provides an advantage)
- Product management: proven track record in managing Consumer Electronics or Automotive related products
- Project management: proven track record as project manager is an advantage
- Excellent people and management skills
- Innovative, enthusiastic, passionate and with a strong drive to lead own initiatives in the organization - an execution & results driven personality
- Must be a team player with a proven ability to work in a matrix organization (matrix environment with R&D, sales, OPS and Marketing)
- Fluent in English: strong writing and speaking skills
- Willing to frequently travel overseas
QA Tools Engineer
Carrying out QA procedures on various SW tools developed by Valens for customers and R&D teams.
The main objectives are:
- Execute Manual and Automatic test procedure of various SW tools for clients and R&D teams.
- Test documents and scripts.
- Benchmark test results, test reports.
- Simulate various configurations in order to verify SW Tools functionalities, performance, robustness and mor
Hands on QA of SW tools and Applications.
- Hands on GUI automation testing- an advantage.
- QA Orientation – understanding of QA methodologies.
- Previous hands on with Matlab tools.
- Strive for deep understanding of SW tools operation.
- Excellent communications and analytical skill, Independent and self-motivated, high quality results, service oriented.
- B.A in Computer Science or B.Sc in Electronics Engineering.
Analog/RF IC Design Engineer
- The engineer will work within the Analog/Mixed signal group on circuit design to be used in phy transceivers.
- Responsible for the design from the initial choice of architecture to the final delivery of the product.
- Ability to innovate new techniques to meet challenging circuit requirements.
- Working closely with layout engineers to define the floorplan
- Working closely with other teams i.e. the system team to define the system requirements and the digital team to define the Analog/Digital interface.
- 5+ years' experience in design in one or more of the following; ADCs, DACs, PLLs, LNAs, Mixers and Filters.
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of Analog and/or RF IC Design, experience and familiarity with system requirements on one or more of the following wireless standards: WLAN, 10/100/1G Ethernet.
- Familiar with Verilog-AMS modelling, Matlab and laboratory equipment.
- Strong ability to work well in a team is essential along with excellent problem solving skills and communication skills.
- In charge of planning (architecture) and developing (coding) all the needed simulation environments for tests and debugs.
- The simulation environments are used to develop new RTL blocks, Full-chip integration, FPGA code and also to debug and resolve bugs found.
- 2-3 years experience minimum.
- Knowledge in specman advantage.
- Knowledge in uvm advantage.
DSP & Algorithms Engineer
- The qualified candidate will join the DSP & Algorithms Group , for development, analysis, and parameters optimization of Hardwired DSP algorithms for wire-line high speed communication blocks such as adaptive equalizers, Cross-Talk Cancellers and Timing control loops etc.
- Working environment includes MATLAB and Simulink system modeling ,C-code SW writing, and debugging over FPGA platforms using time & frequency domain analysis methods.
- DSP Engineer with expertise in communication systems , and proved experience of minimum 5 years.
- Experience with DSP algorithms implementation using Digital architectures (e.g. FIR/IIR Direct Forms 1/2 ,parallel Filters ) including deep knowledge with Fixed-Point tradeoffs .
- Proved Experience with using MATLAB and Simulink environment.
- Proved experience with writing and debugging Micro-Controller's SW for real-time DSP control algorithms (e.g. FSM , Power calculators, BER calculator).
- Education: BSC/MSC in Electrical Engineering
- Team player inside DSP & Algorithms Group ,and across the company's multi discipline environment (HW,SW,VLSI ,Support ).
- Self motivated and Independent personality .
- Self learner , reliable personality, with high communication skills.
The HW team is responsible for the R&D board design at Valens. We work with leading edge technology that is required to produce boards for both silicon validation and applicative solutions.
As a member of the HW development team, the candidate will be responsible for high level design process, schematics capture, Layout, bring-up, testing and lab work.
- B.SC. in Electrical Engineering from leading university
- 3-4 years of experience with board design (analog and digital), knowledge of all phases of development cards: design, layout, production.
- knowledge of Design Tools: ORCAD / Allegro.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- knowledge of international EMC regulations, standards (include, but are not limited to CISPR, IEC/EN, ETSI, ISO, FCC) and test methods - advantage.
- Familiarity with the automotive industry requirements – advantage
- Familiarity with HDMI / USB / Ethernet - advantage.
- Experience working with FPGAs and VHDL/ VERILOG - an advantage
Automation Engineer V&I Department
- Developing Automatic infrastructure for embedded system products at the cutting edge technologies.
- Define and develop solutions for the QA group.
- Guide and support QA engineers writing automatic tests.
- At least 2 years of experience in test automation development or automation tools.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language ( Python / Perl / Ruby / Tcl )
- Hands on Testing multidisciplinary system (HW & FW) .
- Independent and self-motivated
- Excellent communications and analytical skill
- Experience with embedded systems.
- Fluency in Python.
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
Senior Circuit design Engineer
Circuit designer with proven experience in mixed-signal full-chip device, has a top view experience of all aspect of full-chip physical design from floorplan,ESD and IO ring design Package aspects Power/Signal integrity Final Test, Managing and/or supporing PnR team.
- Education: BSc/MSc/PHD in EE from a recognized institution and 10+ years direct CMOS
- Managerial Skill interfacing with internal and external design team (PnR, Package, VLSI, Test .
- Participate in full-chip assembly including floorplan, pad ring, I/O devices, ESD ring, and global signal routing
- Full-chip Power/Signal integrity Full-chip integration guidelines, IP integration. Excellent communication skills in Hebrew and English (written and verbal)
- Excellent human relations. Knowledge of deep submicron CMOS design issues is desirable
Hod Hasharon, Israel
- Will Join a multi-tasking dynamic team, and take part in the development and debug of future HDBaseT products.
- Main Interfaces in/outside Valens: R&D team
- BSc/MSc – in Electronic Engineering
- Extensive Verilog Knowledge (design, debug) – must
- Experience working with Specman Engineers - Advantage
- FPGA experience – Advantage
- Professional experience: ~ 5 Years of experience.
Real Time Embedded SW Engineer
Hod Hasharon, Israel
- Work on embedded Real time system.
- Develop high level and low level applications and network protocols in multithreaded environment
- Real time SW development at embedded environment with at least 5 years of experience– must
- Low level development experience – must
- Strong experience in multi-threading environment– must
- Programming languages: C & C++
- Good knowledge and understanding of HW drivers
- Good knowledge in networking & networking protocols – advantage
- System view and high level design background
- Team Player, highly motivated, independent, dynamic, good people and communication skill
- Education - BSc/MSc computer science
- Language skills-Fluent English & Hebrew